Dec 22: Jesus Christ, Resurrection
How has your life become new and renewed since your coming to Christ?
If you could witness the resurrection of one family member, who would you choose?
Scriptures from the Topical Guide
- Rom. 6:9
9 Knowing that Christ being raised from the dead dieth no more; death hath no more dominion over him.
- 1 Cor. 15:22
22 For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
- Col. 1:18
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
- 2 Tim. 2:8
8 Remember that Jesus Christ of the seed of David was raised from the dead according to my gospel:
- Rev. 1:5
5 And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,
- Job 19:25
25 For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
- Isa. 25:8
8 He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord God will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the Lord hath spoken it.
- Matt. 16:21
21 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day.
- Matt. 17:23
- 23 And they shall kill him, and the third day he shall be raised again. And they were exceeding sorry.
- Matt. 20:19
- 19 And shall deliver him to the Gentiles to mock, and to scourge, and to crucify him: and the third day he shall
- Mark 9:31
- 31 For he taught his disciples, and said unto them, The Son of man is delivered into the hands of men, and they shall kill him; and after that he is killed, he shall rise the third day.
- Mark 10:34
- 34 And they shall mock him, and shall scourge him, and shall spit upon him, and shall kill him: and the third day he shall rise again.
- Luke 18:33
- 33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death: and the third day he shall rise again.
- 1 Cor. 15:4
- 4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:
- 2 Ne. 25:13
- 13 Behold, they will crucify him; and after he is laid in a sepulchre for the space of three days he shall rise from the dead, with healing in his wings; and all those who shall believe on his name shall be saved in the kingdom of God. Wherefore, my soul delighteth to prophesy concerning him, for I have seen his day, and my heart doth magnify his holy name.
- Mosiah 3:10
- 10 And he shall rise the third day from the dead; and behold, he standeth to judge the world; and behold, all these things are done that a righteous judgment might come upon the children of men.
- D&C 20:23
- 23 He was crucified, died, and rose again the third day;
- Matt. 26:32
32 But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee.
- Matt. 28:6
6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.
- Luke 24:6
- 6 He is not here, but is risen: remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
- Mark 16:9
9 Now when Jesus was risen early the first day of the week, he appeared first to Mary Magdalene, out of whom he had cast seven devils.
- Luke 24:39
39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
- Luke 24:46
46 And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behoved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:
- John 2:19
19 Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
- John 10:17
17 Therefore doth my Father love me, because I lay down my life, that I might take it again.
- John 11:25
25 Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
- John 20:20
20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.
- John 20:27
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
- Acts 1:3
3 To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God:
- Acts 1:22
22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.
- Acts 2:32
32 This Jesus hath God raised up, whereof we all are witnesses.
- Acts 10:40
40 Him God raised up the third day, and shewed him openly;
- Acts 26:23
23 That Christ should suffer, and that he should be the first that should rise from the dead, and should shew light unto the people, and to the Gentiles.
- D&C 18:12
- 12 And he hath risen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance.
- Rev. 1:18
18 I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.
- 1 Ne. 10:11
11 And it came to pass after my father had spoken these words he spake unto my brethren concerning the gospel which should be preached among the Jews, and also concerning the dwindling of the Jews in unbelief. And after they had slain the Messiah, who should come, and after he had been slain he should rise from the dead, and should make himself manifest, by the Holy Ghost, unto the Gentiles.
- 2 Ne. 2:8
- 8 Wherefore, how great the importance to make these things known unto the inhabitants of the earth, that they may know that there is no flesh that can dwell in the presence of God, save it be through the merits, and mercy, and grace of the Holy Messiah, who layeth down his life according to the flesh, and taketh it again by the power of the Spirit, that he may bring to pass the resurrection of the dead, being the first that should rise..
- 2 Ne. 26:1
1 And after Christ shall have risen from the dead he shall show himself unto you, my children, and my beloved brethren; and the words which he shall speak unto you shall be the law which ye shall do.
- Mosiah 16:7
7 And if Christ had not risen from the dead, or have broken the bands of death that the grave should have no victory, and that death should have no sting, there could have been no resurrection.
- Mosiah 16:8
8 But there is a resurrection, therefore the grave hath no victory, and the sting of death is swallowed up in Christ.
- Alma 11:42
42 Now, there is a death which is called a temporal death; and the death of Christ shall loose the bands of this temporal death, that all shall be raised from this temporal death.
- Alma 33:22
22 If so, wo shall come upon you; but if not so, then cast about your eyes and begin to believe in the Son of God, that he will come to redeem his people, and that he shall suffer and die to atone for their sins; and that he shall rise again from the dead, which shall bring to pass the resurrection, that all men shall stand before him, to be judged at the last and judgment day, according to their works.
- Hel. 14:20
- 20 But behold, as I said unto you concerning another sign, a sign of his death, behold, in that day that he shall suffer death the sun shall be darkened and refuse to give his light unto you; and also the moon and the stars; and there shall be no light upon the face of this land, even from the time that he shall suffer death, for the space of three days, to the time that he shall rise again from the dead.
- Alma 40:16
16 And behold, again it hath been spoken, that there is a first resurrection, a resurrection of all those who have been, or who are, or who shall be, down to the resurrection of Christ from the dead.
- Hel. 14:17
17 But behold, the resurrection of Christ redeemeth mankind, yea, even all mankind, and bringeth them back into the presence of the Lord.
- Morm. 7:5
5 Know ye that ye must come to the knowledge of your fathers, and repent of all your sins and iniquities, and believe in Jesus Christ, that he is the Son of God, and that he was slain by the Jews, and by the power of the Father he hath risen again, whereby he hath gained the victory over the grave; and also in him is the sting of death swallowed up.
- D&C 133:55
55 And from Moses to Elijah, and from Elijah to John, who were with Christ in his resurrection, and the holy apostles, with Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, shall be in the presence of the Lamb.
- Moses 7:62
62 And righteousness will I send down out of heaven; and truth will I send forth out of the earth, to bear testimony of mine Only Begotten; his resurrection from the dead; yea, and also the resurrection of all men; and righteousness and truth will I cause to sweep the earth as with a flood, to gather out mine elect from the four quarters of the earth, unto a place which I shall prepare, an Holy City, that my people may gird up their loins, and be looking forth for the time of my coming; for there shall be my tabernacle, and it shall be called Zion, a New Jerusalem.
- 1 Sam. 2:6
6 The LORD killeth, and maketh alive: he bringeth down to the grave, and bringeth up.
- Ps. 16:10
10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.
- Isa. 26:19
19 Thy dead men shall live, together with my dead body shall they arise. Awake and sing, ye that dwell in dust: for thy dew is as the dew of herbs, and the earth shall cast out the dead.
- Hosea 13:14
14 I will ransom them from the power of the grave; I will redeem them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues; O grave, I will be thy destruction: repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.
- Zech. 13:6
6 And one shall say unto him, What are these wounds in thine hands? Then he shall answer, Those with which I was wounded in the house of my friends.
- John 21:1
1 After these things Jesus shewed himself again to the disciples at the sea of Tiberias; and on this wise shewed he himself.
- Acts 13:37
37 But he, whom God raised again, saw no corruption.
- Philip. 3:21
21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.
- Heb. 13:20
20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
- 2 Ne. 9:6
6 For as death hath passed upon all men, to fulfil the merciful plan of the great Creator, there must needs be a power of resurrection, and the resurrection must needs come unto man by reason of the fall; and the fall came by reason of transgression; and because man became fallen they were cut off from the presence of the Lord.
- 3 Ne. 11:8
8 And it came to pass, as they understood they cast their eyes up again towards heaven; and behold, they saw a Man descending out of heaven; and he was clothed in a white robe; and he came down and stood in the midst of them; and the eyes of the whole multitude were turned upon him, and they durst not open their mouths, even one to another, and wist not what it meant, for they thought it was an angel that had appeared unto them.
- D&C 45:52
52 Then shall they know that I am the Lord; for I will say unto them: These wounds are the wounds with which I was wounded in the house of my friends. I am he who was lifted up. I am Jesus that was crucified. I am the Son of God.
- D&C 76:22, 39
22 And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!
39 For all the rest shall be brought forth by the resurrection of the dead, through the triumph and the glory of the Lamb, who was slain, who was in the bosom of the Father before the worlds were made.