Dec 1: Jesus Christ, Light of the World
How has Jesus Christ been a light to you? To your family?
What promises has Jesus made to those who follow his light?
Who has Christ asked you to be a light to?
How can you be a light to others (3 Nephi 18:24)?
How can you or your family be a light to others today? (3 Nephi 18:24)
Scriptures from the Topical Guide
- John 1:4
4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
- John 1:9
9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
- Luke 2:32
32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
- Ps. 27:1
1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the LORD is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
- Isa. 2:5
5 O house of Jacob, come ye, and let us walk in the light of the LORD.
- 2 Ne. 12:5
- 5 O house of Jacob, come ye and let us walk in the light of the Lord; yea, come, for ye have all gone astray, every one to his wicked ways.
- Isa. 9:2
2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
- Micah 7:8
- 8 Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me.
- Matt. 4:16
- 16 The people which sat in darkness saw great light; and to them which sat in the region and shadow of death light is sprung up.
- Luke 1:79
- 79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.
- 2 Ne. 19:2
- 2 The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light; they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined.
- Isa. 60:19
19 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.
- John 8:12
12 Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.
- John 9:5
- 5 As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.
- Mosiah 16:9
- 9 He is the light and the life of the world; yea, a light that is endless, that can never be darkened; yea, and also a life which is endless, that there can be no more death.
- Alma 38:9
- 9 And now, my son, I have told you this that ye may learn wisdom, that ye may learn of me that there is no other way or means whereby man can be saved, only in and through Christ. Behold, he is the life and the light of the world. Behold, he is the word of truth and righteousness.
- 3 Ne. 9:18
- 18 I am the light and the life of the world. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
- 3 Ne. 11:11
- 11 And behold, I am the light and the life of the world; and I have drunk out of that bitter cup which the Father hath given me, and have glorified the Father in taking upon me the sins of the world, in the which I have suffered the will of the Father in all things from the beginning.
- 3 Ne. 18:16
- 16 And as I have prayed among you even so shall ye pray in my church, among my people who do repent and are baptized in my name. Behold I am the light; I have set an example for you.
- D&C 10:70
- 70 And now, remember the words of him who is the life and light of the world, your Redeemer, your Lord and your God. Amen.
- Eph. 5:14
14 Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
- Rev. 21:23
23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.
- 2 Ne. 10:14
14 For he that raiseth up a king against me shall perish, for I, the Lord, the king of heaven, will be their king, and I will be a light unto them forever, that hear my words.
- 3 Ne. 15:9
9 Behold, I am the law, and the light. Look unto me, and endure to the end, and ye shall live; for unto him that endureth to the end will I give eternal life.
- 3 Ne. 18:24
24 Therefore, hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I am the light which ye shall hold up—that which ye have seen me do. Behold ye see that I have prayed unto the Father, and ye all have witnessed.
- Ether 4:12
12 And whatsoever thing persuadeth men to do good is of me; for good cometh of none save it be of me. I am the same that leadeth men to all good; he that will not believe my words will not believe me—that I am; and he that will not believe me will not believe the Father who sent me. For behold, I am the Father, I am the light, and the life, and the truth of the world.
- D&C 6:21
21 Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I am the same that came unto mine own, and mine own received me not. I am the light which shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not.
- D&C 84:45
45 For the word of the Lord is truth, and whatsoever is truth is light, and whatsoever is light is Spirit, even the Spirit of Jesus Christ.
- D&C 93:9
9 The light and the Redeemer of the world; the Spirit of truth, who came into the world, because the world was made by him, and in him was the life of men and the light of men.