Dec 2: Jesus Christ, First Born
Read First Born in the Bible Dictionary.
What inheritance did Jesus receive as the First Born of the Father?
What birthright blessings do we inherit as children of God?
Spend a few minutes sharing memories about the first born of your family.
Scriptures from the Topical Guide
- Ps. 89:27
27 Also I will make him my firstborn, higher than the kings of the earth.
- Isa. 41:4
- 4 Who hath wrought and done it, calling the generations from the beginning? I the LORD, the first, and with the last; I am he.
- John 1:1
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
- Rom. 8:29
29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.
- Col. 1:15
15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:
- Col. 1:18
18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.
- Heb. 1:6
6 And again, when he bringeth in the firstbegotten into the world, he saith, And let all the angels of God worship him.
- Heb. 12:23
23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,
- D&C 76:54, 94
- 54 They are they who are the church of the Firstborn.
94 They who dwell in his presence are the church of the Firstborn; and they see as they are seen, and know as they are known, having received of his fulness and of his grace;
- D&C 77:11
- 11 Q. What are we to understand by sealing the one hundred and forty-four thousand, out of all the tribes of Israel—twelve thousand out of every tribe?
A. We are to understand that those who are sealed are high priests, ordained unto the holy order of God, to administer the everlasting gospel; for they are they who are ordained out of every nation, kindred, tongue, and people, by the angels to whom is given power over the nations of the earth, to bring as many as will come to the church of the Firstborn.
- D&C 78:21
- 21 For ye are the church of the Firstborn, and he will take you up in a cloud, and appoint every man his portion.
- D&C 88:5
- 5 Which glory is that of the church of the Firstborn, even of God, the holiest of all, through Jesus Christ his Son—
- Rev. 1:11
11 Saying, I am Alpha and Omega, the first and the last: and, What thou seest, write in a book, and send it unto the seven churches which are in Asia; unto Ephesus, and unto Smyrna, and unto Pergamos, and unto Thyatira, and unto Sardis, and unto Philadelphia, and unto Laodicea.
- Rev. 22:13
- 13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
- 3 Ne. 9:18
- 18 I am the light and the life of the world. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end.
- D&C 38:1
- 1 Thus saith the Lord your God, even Jesus Christ, the Great I AM, Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the same which looked upon the wide expanse of eternity, and all the seraphic hosts of heaven, before the world was made;
- D&C 107:19
- 19 To have the privilege of receiving the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, to have the heavens opened unto them, to commune with the general assembly and church of the Firstborn, and to enjoy the communion and presence of God the Father, and Jesus the mediator of the new covenant.
- Rev. 3:14
14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;
- 3 Ne. 20:26
26 The Father having raised me up unto you first, and sent me to bless you in turning away every one of you from his iniquities; and this because ye are the children of the covenant—
- D&C 93:21
21 And now, verily I say unto you, I was in the beginning with the Father, and am the Firstborn;
- D&C 110:4
4 I am the first and the last; I am he who liveth, I am he who was slain; I am your advocate with the Father.
- Moses 2:26
26 And I, God, said unto mine Only Begotten, which was with me from the beginning: Let us make man in our image, after our likeness; and it was so. And I, God, said: Let them have dominion over the fishes of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.